3 Mar 2018 (7w): pre-natal supplement

Folic Acid
I started taking Folic Acid 400 mcg/day 2 months before I get pregnant. Have to double the intake, Folic Acid 800 mcg/day once become pregnant. We should not take more than 1000 mcg daily because excessive Folic Acid intake causes nausea and bloating.

Note: Most daily prenatal vitamins contain folic acid.

GNC 30-Day Prenatal Program
GNC 30-Day Prenatal Program consists of multi-vitamins, calcium and DHA. I bought the time has buy-1-free-1 promotion, SGD112 (Approximately RM336) for 30+30 day program. I bought 2-free-2, so it good for 120 days.

Rainbow Light Calcium and DHA
I plan to take vitamins, calcium and DHA daily for my entire pregnancy. I will need calcium and DHA for another 120 days. After carried out some desk research, I shortlisted the Rainbow Light brand because it contains the right supplement for pregnant women.

Rainbow Light, Just Once, Food-Based Calcium
Rainbow Light, Prenatal DHA, Smart Essentials




You may click this link for iHerb 5% coupon.
https://sg.iherb.com/?rcode=APG4826

Or, punch in this coupon code “APG4826” at iHerb check-out for 5% discount.



Note: We must take note that supplement with iron and calcium cannot be taken at the same time. Calcium or any diary food like milk, cheese, yogurt may reduce the absorption of iron.

Note: Best if we can take iron with an orange or vitamin C, to help with better absorption of iron. After 2 hours, we can take calcium.

Note: Vitamin D helps to absorb Calcium. It's not necessary to take vitamin D at the same time as a calcium supplement.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Aug 2018 (29w5d): Baby growth scan, start monitoring my weight gain

5 Oct 2018 (37w6d): FAQ

9 June 2018 (21w): Detailed baby scan