6 Oct 2018 (38w): I am officially a mother
If you follow my posts, you'll know that I
am having a 'termed breech' baby in my womb. A c-section must be scheduled
before my estimated due date so we have a better controlled way of baby being
born.
The day has finally arrived. I woke up
early in the morning, took shower, washed hair, lugged my hospital bag, then
follow hubby to the Prince Court Medical Centre (PCMC).
Before I pass the admission letter to the
registration person, I noticed the letter stated a wrong date. My appointment
is on 6 Nov 2018. What?! November?! The registration person questioned me why I
need to admit 1 month earlier, I was like @.@ They made a few calls then
finally let me go to my ward room.
PS: PCMC has concierge service. They will
arrange people come help you carry bags and guide you to the ward room.
Nurses prepared all the necessary things
for me in the room when I arrived. I changed to PCMC hospital gown, nurse used
a cardiotocography (CTG) machine to monitor contractions, cleaned out my bowel,
then I was pushed to the operation theater. The moment I leaved the ward room,
I started tearing and my body shake uncontrollably. I was so nervous because I
am going for a major surgery.
My gynae, Dr. Tan suggested me to do operation
with GA, means I will not see my baby immediately and hubby would not be with
me throughout the operations. The moment before operations, the doctor double
confirmed with me if I want to change my mind. I can't think at all because I
was too scared. So, they just proceed to do operation with GA for me.
Before I was coma, I saw Dr. Tan in scrubs.
She touched my tummy and said my baby is still in breech. Soon after that, I am
unconscious.
I don't know how long I was coma. When I awoke,
I felt cold and my body was still shaking uncontrollably. Whichever nurse came
near me, I will ask them how's my baby and they just said is fine. Then, I was
pushed back to the ward room.
Hubby came to the room and told me baby did
not cry immediately when she was out of my womb. She cried only 8 minutes
later, before the doctors going to perform CPR on her.
My girl in NICU and I can't get down from
the bed. Hubby run between NICU and my ward room, he took pictures of her and
showed me, is a baby girl :)
I told myself I must be strong. I ate the
porcupine date that prepared by hubby, ate salmon fish prepared by hospital.
The very next day, I was waiting nurses to come and help me get down of bed.
The move wasn't easy for me, but I told myself "Everything gonna be okay,
Everything gonna be alright". With the mind to recover soon so I can see
my girl, I will do what nurses told to do.
I cleaned up myself, then tried to walk
slowly to NICU because there has my baby girl, Youna <3
Comments
Post a Comment